5G SA Core Test and Emulation
At Spirent, we know delivering first to market technologies for 5G requires test tools that align with and even anticipate the release of new specifications. We are the partner of choice for Vendors and Carriers developing and testing the next generation of wireless technologies.
R19.0 is the twelfth Landslide release with 5G SA Core test cases. New use cases include:
- SMF Node support for N7 interface to the PCF, plus interworking between the N7, N11, and N14 interfaces
- SLF (Subscription Locator Function) Node test and emulation
- BSF (Binding Support Function) Node test and emulation
- SMSF Network Function emulation
- Support for indirect communication via SCP (Service Communication Proxy) in the SBI Nodal/Node test cases
5G RAN CU Test and Emulation
With the disaggregation of the RAN, testing the scale and performance of the 5G centralized unit (CU) is not feasible with a traditional RF based approach. As a result, NEMs and SPs asked Spirent to build a powerful system for testing the CU based on Landslide. This is the first release and includes:
- gNB-CU test and emulation over F1-C and F1-U interfaces
Landslide continues its expansion in IMS/Voice over New Radio testing, while maintaining the unparalleled voice and video over LTE testing capabilities. Landslide 19.0 introduces:
- Support for large conference calls (up to 100 UEs)
- Proximity Service support for PC3 and PC8 interfaces
Landslide 19.0 is the first release to support Virtual Test Servers running in Docker / Kubernetes Containers.