At Spirent, we know delivering first to market technologies for 5G requires test tools that align with and even anticipate the release of new specifications. We are the partner of choice for Vendors and Carriers developing and testing the next generation of wireless technologies.
R18.4 is the ninth Landslide release with True 5G (5G SA) Core test cases. New use cases include:
- The Service Based Architecture testcases, Service Based Nodal & Node, are upgraded to the 3GPP R15 June 2019 spec versions
- Ability to verify UPF load balancing using AMF Nodal or MME Nodal
- Session and Service Continuity (SSC) is a key feature of the 5G data service, it ensures an uninterrupted service experience to the user regardless of whether there is a change of UE IP address or a change in the core network anchor point. R18.4 adds support for SSC Mode 2 – other modes will be added in future releases
- Support for slice discontinuity during Xn handover - this is when a PDU session on Slice X does not handover from TA #1 to TA #2 because TA #2 does not support Slice X, the PDU session is released.
- Landslide supports the optional Registration Procedure after an Xn handover
- User now has the option to use an External Data source to generate 5G data traffic
- Support for the Registration Reject message
- Support for the N11 interface in the SBI Message Editor increases the users N11 testing capabilities
- Load testing a UPF SUT with the new Session Loading Test Activity available in UPF Nodal testcase
Additional functionality will be added continuously over the next few releases.
Landslide continues its expansion in IMS/Voice over New Radio testing, while maintaining the unparalleled voice and video over LTE testing capabilities. Landslide 18.4 introduces:
- The eMBMS-MCPTT solution is extended to include the GC1 Interface between the UE and the MCPTT Application Server. The UE reports status (presence, listening) to the Application Server via GC1
- SIP calls can support two codec types, the call will switch from one codec to the other after receiving SIP Update from IMS core
4G/4.5G Core Enhancements
Landslide 18.4 upgrades its 4G Core testing capabilities with these new use cases:
- User has the option to define static values for TOS and TTL/DSCP in Fireball Data Flows
- MME Nodal now provides the option to Reattach When Paging Using IMSI
- Support for Security Gateway failover on the S1-U interface has been added to the MME Nodal testcase
- WiFi Offload GW Nodal with RF Emulation fully supports PCAP capture
- MME Nodal supports the 5G NSA mobility scenario where a UE attaches on 4G and then moves to 5G
- WiFi Offload Gateway Nodal can perform EAP only authentication for SWu IPsec for LTE to WiFi inter-technology tests