At Spirent, we know delivering first to market technologies for 5G requires test tools that align with and even anticipate the release of new specifications. We are the partner of choice for Vendors and Carriers developing and testing the next generation of wireless technologies.
R18.2 is the eighth Landslide release with True 5G (5G SA) Core test cases. New use cases include:
- Support for IPSec data gives the user the option to encrypt the bearer plane traffic
- 4G to 5G Handover after EPS Fallback which completes the 5G to 4G and back to 5G path for testing the readiness of both 4G and 5G networks when VoNR is not available.
- Mobility Registration Update performed when the UE leaves its Registration Area
- Emergency Registration, when UEs in limited service state register for emergency services only
- Voice over New Radio (VoNR) 911 calls with LPP (LTE Positioning Protocol)
- UE Capability Match procedure used by the AMF to check the compatibility of the UE and NG-RAN radio capabilities related to IMS Voice over PS
- 5G SBI Message editor support for the NRF interface
- SBA CHF Node testing and emulation
- N8 (UDM) interface support on emulated AMF Node in SMF Nodal
- Support for Nnrf interface in SMF Nodal and SMF Node
- Additional N2 procedures for untrusted non-3GPP Access including UE context release, CN-initiated selective deactivation, and UE/Network requested PDU session modification
Additional functionality will be added continuously over the next few releases including N2 Mobility over N14, 5G VoNR to VoWiFi (ePDG) handover and new SBA nodes e.g. LMF.
Landslide continues its expansion in IMS/Voice over New Radio testing, while maintaining the unparalleled voice and video over LTE testing capabilities. Landslide 18.2 introduces:
- MB2-U and MB2-C interfaces for MCPTT
- XML Message Body Editor in the SIP Message Editor
- TUAK authentication algorithm for SIP Authentication
4G/4.5G Core Enhancements
Landslide 18.2 upgrades its 4G Core testing capabilities with these new use cases:
- MME Pooling for intra-MME mobility test scenarios
- Fireball HTTP & TCP - persistent connection support
- HTTP External App now captures images of fully loaded websites to the results