As early 5G deployments get underway, leading providers are issuing an urgent call to the industry to collaborate to deliver robust automation for 5G. This call comes on the back of years of virtualization hype that has yet to fully live up to expectations and ongoing fragmentation in open source automation platform adoption. It’s a moment of truth for the industry that has led to questions of whether automation efforts will be mature enough to enable dynamic 5G networks to live up to their promise. The good news is that pragmatic approaches to getting started with automation are gaining traction and specific use cases such as network slice activation offer low-hanging fruit for providers – and the industry – to achieve early automation wins.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- The state of 5G, cloud-native and automation technology
- Challenges to deploying automation: will it be ready for 5G?
- Low-hanging fruit tier-1 providers are targeting
- The role of automated assurance for 5G
- Network slice activation automation use case