Spirent Communications plc (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Spirent Communications plc whose head office is Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
In this policy
- Submitted Information means information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.spirent.com (the Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, complete any on-site forms, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. This category of information may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and image, depending on your usage of the Site.
- Technical Information means the following types of information that we will collect automatically each time you visit our Site: (a) technical information, which may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and (b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Third Party Information means (a) information We receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, and (b) information We receive about you from third parties with whom we work, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies.
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following data about you: Submitted Information, Technical Information, and Third Party Information. Such information will be held for as long as we are required to do so in order to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations, and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Submitted information is used to
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you (subject to paragraph 5.4 below);
- to notify you about changes to our Site or services; and;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Technical information is used to:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We will combine this information with Submitted Information and Technical information, and use it for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Special provisions concerning marketing. This paragraph applies where we use your Submitted Information to provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you:
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration or enquiry form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
- You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we believe in good faith that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and;
Where we store your personal data
- Any personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites, and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will try to prevent unauthorised access by means of procedures and security features consistent with good industry practice.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by email at PLC@Spirent.com or by post addressed to The Company Secretary, Spirent Communications plc, Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom. Please include the words DATA SUBJECT REQUEST in the subject line of your email, or at the top of your letter.
- Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check all such policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.
- Any access request will be subject to a fee of US$10 (Ten US dollars) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us by email at PLC@Spirent.com or by post addressed to The Company Secretary, Spirent Communications plc, Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom. Please include the words DATA SUBJECT REQUEST in the subject line of your email, or at the top of your letter.
- Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.