Spirent Partnership with HP Cloud Services
Spirent has partnered with HP Cloud Services to help HP’s customers test the overall Performance, Availability, Security and Scalability (PASS) of the infrastructure upon which business critical applications reside.
Spirent Avalanche Virtual is the industry’s only “all-in-one” cloud testing solution designed to test and measure the Performance, availability, security and scalability of virtualized network infrastructures and of applications deployed in the cloud. Spirent Avalanche Virtual (running in the HP Cloud) lets HP’s customers ensure the overall quality of their cloud infrastructure.
Spirent also offers a testing service to make it as simple as possible for customers to have the confidence they need when using the HP Cloud. Test Services are performed using Avalanche Virtual hosted in the HP Public Cloud. The following is a partial list of the tests which Spirent and its team of infrastructure experts are ready to perform:
- Baseline the performance, availability, security and scale of existing private and public networks and infrastructure
- Test the bandwidth, latency, and QoS between virtual networking elements
- Compare the performance of different virtual topologies to help customers find choke points in performance during autoscaling or cloudbursting
- Assess and quantify the performance of hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Determine whether new or existing infrastructure are ready to host QOS dependent content (video, voice, etc.) from the cloud
- Determine raw networking performance (e.g., between hosts)
- Determine the impact of networking performance when you move off a 3-tiered app (e.g., app server) to the cloud
HP’s customers also have the option of having Spirent automate testing performed using Spirent Avalanche Virtual. Spirent automation services are performed using Spirent’s industry leading test automation platform iTest. Spirent iTest was designed to orchestrate all the different devices (both physical and virtual) found in today’s cloud infrastructures. Automation assets developed using Spirent’s iTest are easy to maintain and they make it possible to verify the PASS of a customer’s cloud infrastructure today and into the future.
About HP Cloud Services
HP Cloud Services is providing public cloud infrastructure services for organizations of all sizes. Designed with OpenStack™ technology at the core, HP’s open, transparent architecture ensures no vendor lock-in, improves developer productivity, features easy-to-use tools for faster time to code, provides access to a rich partner ecosystem, and is backed by exceptional customer support. HP’s initial offering includes on-demand compute instances or virtual machines, scalable online storage capacity and accelerated delivery of cached content to end users.
HP’s full suite of public cloud services will enable the next generation of web services to be built, run and scale on a global basis backed with a broad marketplace of analytics, tools and services. HP’s cloud supports customers with a differentiated hybrid delivery model, providing interoperability and portability across public, private and managed clouds.
For additional information visit hpcloud.com.
Need More Info?
For more information or to discuss your requirements, contact Spirent’s cloud infrastructure specialists.