SUPL 2.0 Conformance Requirements for LTE
Meeting the Requirements of Location Conformance for LTE
View this complementary webinar from Spirent for an explanation of the conformance requirements of OMA’s SUPL 2.0 protocol and of the practical test implications.
The latest OMA SUPL 2.0 standards will enable application providers, device manufacturers and operators to support new and innovative location based services, as well as Emergency Services, in LTE devices and networks. Through this live demo, Spirent will present a practical and comprehensive solution for quick and reliable testing of SUPL 2.0 per OMA requirements.
- The role of SUPL 2.0 in supporting LBS and Emergency Services for LTE devices
- An introduction to OMA SUPL 2.0 conformance requirements
- Review of key SUPL 2.0 enhancements over SUPL 1.0
- Key features of TTCN-3 SUPL 2.0 test environment
- Live demonstration of Spirent’s SUPL 2.0 test solution
- Overview of Spirent’s SUPL 2.0 test coverage
- Options for testing SUPL 2.0 performance beyond standardized test cases
Who should attend
- Engineers involved in feature roadmap planning, application development, feature planning, device conformance and validation, and testing
- Marketing and technical managers with vested interest in smartphone location technology, applications and performance
Secure User Plane 2.0 Protocol
With the introduction of LTE technology into smartphones, SUPL 2.0 is emerging as a key enabler for A-GNSS and other location technologies. Like its predecessor SUPL 1.0, SUPL 2.0 is a user plane protocol used for exchanging location information between mobile devices and network positioning servers. However, SUPL 2.0 contains many enhancements that make it more suitable for LTE deployments, the use of hybrid location technologies and the deployment of advanced location-based services.
Presenter: Ram Garapaty, Spirent
Duration: 45 minutes